Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Profile: Hannah Cutts of "GOAT" (Gallery of all Things)


Name: Hannah Cutts 
Stall name: GOAT (gallery of all things)
What will you be selling at Sew & Tell? Art, photos, designer odds and ends

Q. What is your craft / creative outlet of choice?
A. Art, photography and design

Q. Who is your craft idol?
A. Rosalie Gascoigne

Q. Who taught you to craft?
A. My dad taught me to take photos and my mum was an art teacher and so it was a part of our household I guess. There was no TV in our house which probably enforced the process.

Q. Who or what inspires you to be creative?
A. I like to collect things and so taking photos or drawing is a way of keeping the everyday.

Q. Which talent would you most like to have?
A. I would love to be able to sing and play piano.

Q. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A. being able to freeze the world around you whenever you need to catch up.

Q. What is your greatest fear?
A. Apart from life and death of friends and family…I am not sure.

Q. What is your current state of mind?
A. Wanting to have access to the ‘freeze’ button.

Q. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
A. Each year sees a new one…and each year sees that becoming less important. I haven’t achieved it yet.

Q. What is your most treasured possession?
A. My art collection

Q. Where is your ideal place to live?
A. I love where I am (fingal head) but would love to have a job where I needed to spend time in some exciting cities…Buenas Aires, New York, Barcelona, Tokyo…international speaker?! About what?!

Q. Favourite holiday destination?
A. I would love to go to Hoi An in Vietnam again

Q. If money were no object, where would you take off to?
A. New York

Q. Can you tell us about your best vintage find?
A. I recently bought bbok 2 jungle book by Rudjard Kipling from the local Salvos shop in Kingscliff. It was $25 and in great condition…I checked out the sale price on Harrington Books (UK vintage books) and three were for sale for between 600 and 800 pounds each.

Q. What is your favourite thing to cook for your friends?
A. Something easy

Q. What is your motto?
A. Give it a go.







No comments:

Post a Comment