Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Profile: Janne & Angie Scott of "Scott's Are Us!"


Names: Janne Scott & Angie Scott
Stall name: Scotts Are Us!
What are you selling at Sew & Tell? Janne has floor rugs made from antique batik sarongs, hand made sun shelters from block print Indian cotton, second hand delights, fashion samples and random cool stuff! Angie has edible wares for and from urban spaces.

Q. What is your craft / creative outlet of choice?
A. (Janne) Interpretive Dance, sewing, pom poms & painting

Q. Who is your craft idol?
A. (Janne) Too many to list… my Nanna, my Mum, my sister Angie – she’s stalling with me & she’s amazing! Jenny Kee, too many!

Q. Who taught you to craft?
A. (Angie) She would probably disagree but it was our Mum, 4 kids under 5 - we made a lot of stuff, and played a lot of board games.

Q. Who or what inspires you to be creative?
A. (Janne) Kookaburras & Wine… traveling, music, great fashion & good times with my talented peeps who are all amazing at their respective crafts from building, writing songs, creating festivals, designing fashion to something as simple as making a kick arse sandwich – there can be craftsmanship in almost anything.

Q. Which talent would you most like to have?
A. (Janne) Invisibility… I guess that’s more of a magic power…. 
(Angie) I would love to be able to knit and read knitting patterns, but I would also have to wish for more discipline (is that a talent?) ie. to be able to finish all those half done projects.

Q. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A. (Janne) Kookaburras & Wine while wearing a Hermes scarf and uggies with people I love

Q. What is your greatest fear?
A. (Janne) Beige

Q. What is your current state of mind?
A. (Angie) Panic that I haven't completed my stuff for the Fair.

Q. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
A. (Janne) Haven’t achieved it yet

Q. What is your most treasured possession?
A. (Angie) I have a few bits and pieces from both of my grandmothers, hand written recipes book (full of fruit cake recipes, and notes on how to hand rear lambs), kitchen canisters, cake tins, a pair of earrings, a leather clutch that was my great grandmothers.

Q. Where is your ideal place to live?
A. (Angie) A cottage by the beach, with a big veggie patch.

Q. Favourite holiday destination?
A. (Janne) India is the next one, so maybe India….

Q. If money were no object, where would you take off to?
A. (Angie) I would go straight to New York, then over to Europe to visit friends in London and Italy, home via India for a few weeks (you did say money was no object right?).

Q. Can you tell us about your best vintage find?
A. (Janne) My old Cazal Sunglasses come close to being unbeatable

Q. What is your favourite thing to cook for your friends?
A. (Janne) I don’t really cook much nowadays so… Red Wine, Jatz & Coon on the couch! 
(Angie) I cook a lot of jams and chutneys seasonally, then end up giving them away in a frenzy because I have too much.

Q. What is your motto?
A. (Angie) Well when apprehensive about something I want to do or achieve my sister and I often joke that 'dumber people than us have done bigger things than this'.Sometimes we are our own worst enemies, and it's good to keep in mind that plenty of ordinary people have achieved greatness.




No comments:

Post a Comment